Is emacs wrong? - EOF is allowed without EOL

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: Is emacs wrong? - EOF is allowed without EOL
Date: 28 Nov 2005 09:41:21 +0100

Hi

I am using a program compiled with the g77 fortran compiler to read
files. I discovered that g77 does not read the last line of a file if
it is not terminated by the EOL-character(s).

Some posters in the mingw mailing list finds it to be a problem that
an editor allows this. Is is so? And, moreover, can I have a setting
in an emacs mode that forces a line break before end of file?
--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.web.mek.dtu.dk/Staff/be/be.html