Re: Encryption with emacs?`

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Encryption with emacs?`
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:18:10 GMT

<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message
1133176962.804188.170470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com">news:1133176962.804188.170470@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

> How can I have my documents that i edit in emacs passworded?
>
> Thanks

rot13-other-window            M-x rot13-other-window RET

is probably good enough to protect the innocent. For the ultimate in
encryption put a "provably" random sequence of bytes into a file on a
floppy or flash drive and byte-wise xor your files with this both to
encrypt and to decrypt. If your random file is sufficiently large and
you randomize the file pointer (a start point indexed into the random
file which is stored (also encrypted) as the first bytes of the
encrypted file) then you will have something similar to a one time pad.
Keep the floppy or flash drive with you at all times and microwave it
for 10 minutes on high power if you think you are in danger of being
captured. ;-)

It might be a challenge to implement this in elisp, especially for large
files.