Trying to learn programing

From: Cameron Vessey
Subject: Trying to learn programing
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 00:10:05 +0000

Hello,

I don't really now didley about programming and I am trying to learn. I've down loaded so many things the past few day I can't keep them all straight. A real simply tutorial said I needed an editor. I thought I had one when i downloaded Dev-c++ from some site for free. it looks like an editor when you run it. But real simple programs are not compiling and running right like:

#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
   printf("Hello World\n");
   return 0;
}

I run this on Dev-C++ and a window briefly pops up (small in size) and has Hello World on it but it disappears almost as soon as it appears.

So I downloaded emacs. Thinking to go with some thing simpler. I've read the manuel over and over but I can't get it to configure to my computer ....the Config.bat file...when i run it using msdos as the perameter it say I don't have "sed" and that I need "sed". So I can't even get the editor up and running right to learn simple programming. can any one help? I'm running windows 98 2nd ed. 190 mg of ram and 15 gb of hard drive.

Cameron