RE: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?

From: Dave Humphries
Subject: RE: C-p, C-b, C-f, and C-n... why?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:52:14 +1100

Yeah I enjoyed this so much I remapped these keys to
Original        Remapped
C-p             C-e
C-n             C-d
C-b             C-s
C-f             C-f
C-a             C-a
And cursor to end of line as C-g
This involved some remapping of useful key mappings squashed in the
change but means I don't have to think about the keys for moving point
as the key layout is the same as the required direction and it is all on
the same hand.
It started as an experiment but has lasted for a while now. I have done
a similar, but incomplete job remapping the kill keys to the right-hand.

Dave