Re: how do I know that the buffer is narrowed

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: how do I know that the buffer is narrowed
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:10:39 +0100

"mak kwak" <makwak@wp.pl> writes:
> Do You know if there is any buffer local variable that tells this to me ?

Yes, there are some buffer local variables, but they're in C!

DEFUN ("widen", Fwiden, Swiden, 0, 0, "",
       doc: /* Remove restrictions (narrowing) from current buffer.
This allows the buffer's full text to be seen and edited.  */)
     ()
{
  if (BEG != BEGV || Z != ZV)
    current_buffer->clip_changed = 1;

>From lisp, you could compare (point-min) and (point-max):

(defun narrowedp ()
  (not (equal (list (point-min) (point-max))
              (save-restriction (widen) (list (point-min) (point-max))))))

neither do we. -- Georges W. Bush