RE: Need Regex Tutorial

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: RE: Need Regex Tutorial
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:51:03 +0800

I found one here:

   http://analyser.oli.tudelft.nl/regex/index.html.en

Hope that is useful for you. BTW, why are there no
anything about regular expressions on your info?
Perhaps you can try:

   C-h i melisp RET mregexp example RET

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Need Regex Tutorial
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:48:08 -0900

My last postings have indicate to me that I need to roll up my sleeves
and learn regex from the ground up.

1)Info on my GNU emacs *does not* show anything about regular
  expressions. Info on my XEmacs does and it is not sufficient for me.

  I would appreciate pointers to online docs on regex, since
  my emacs does appear not have them.

2)I'm an old dog, but I *can* learn new tricks if I have examples.
  *lots* of examples, starting with the most basic. I can work from the
  Fiedl book, but seeing some basic emacs examples will help me to
  reconcile the differences between emacs regex (or as Friedl calls 'em -
  'scattered toothpicks') and "classic" approaches

  Pointers to examples welcome.

  thanks
  tim

--