Installing Tramp under XP

From: Brett Kelly
Subject: Installing Tramp under XP
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 16:13:49 -0800

Hello all,

I'm using emacs 21.3 under windows XP, and I need to be able to edit
source files on a remote linux machine.  I was told that Tramp will
accomplish this, and I'm trying to get it set up.

Under INSTALL, it says this:

On MS Windows, given Emacs is installed at `C:/Program Files/Emacs',
you should apply

        ./configure --with-lispdir='C:/Program Files/Emacs/site-lisp' \
                    --infodir='C:/Program Files/Emacs/info'

Now, I'm sure I'm missing something, but the configure script isn't
ready out-of-the-box to run under win32, right?

I also tried byte-compiling the tramp emacs lisp files w/ dired, but
that barfed on me, too.

Has anybody ever set this up before?  I could use a little assistance :)

Thanks!
--
Brett Kelly
Blog:      http://uniqueliketherest.blogspot.com