M-q does not fill quoted text anymore

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: M-q does not fill quoted text anymore
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:34:39 +0100

Recently, M-q has stopped working for me when quoting messages in
Mail-mode. It does no longer prefix each line with the quoting
character used (normally ">").

When writing this message, in Gnus, it works similar, but here the
auto fill does the right thing even though M-q does not work.

Any idea where to look to fix this? I am sure I installed "something"
recently that have messed this up.