Re: input: "f7" --> get: "oe"

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: input: "f7" --> get: "oe"
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:19:18 -0700

christop wrote:
I don't know if it's really answer my questin since the only character
I'm interested in is the one I pointed before and which is part of
iso-latin-1, hence 8-bit encoded, and of whom I already know the 8bit
code, which is "f7" (hexa).

I think there should be a way to enter a character from it's code
(number --> then it puts the character)

Actually, the OE ligature is 0xBC in ISO 8859-15 aka Latin 9:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-15

In Unicode, it is U+0152 (in the Latin Extended A chart):
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0100.pdf

--
Kevin Rodgers