refactoring tool

From: Pedro Sa da Costa
Subject: refactoring tool
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:58:02 +0000

I'm sorry to ask again, but there is any refactoring tool for emacs, besides xrefactory?

Emacs does have code completion? If not, what tool can i install? And, what is the shortcut key for this feature?

Can anybody give me the reasons why emacs is better than eclipse? I think that is hard to find tools for emacs, know how to use them, and hard to install and configure. Because i have many work in the job, i don't have many time to learn advanced features of emacs . So, i'm forced to use eclipse, because it's easy to install the plugins, and i think that exists more plugins for eclipse than for emacs. My co-workers also use eclipse. But, my desire is to be an emacs geek. What can i do to win this handicap, and learn the emacs advanced features? Any advices? What is the best book to learn emacs? And, how can anybody deal with plenty of shortcuts keys that emacs has? Isn't too much for anybody's head?

Thanks,
Pedro