Re: gnus with maildir

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: gnus with maildir
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:25:48 -0800 (PST)

Emabela> Is it possible to use gnus on a maildir and
Emabela> another email client on the same maildir simultaneously?
Emabela> How does it work with huge maildirs?

You can set up a local imap server (that understands maildirs, such as
courier) and then use the nnimap backend in Gnus.  I have done that and
it works reasonably well, but I am not married to djb so I saw no
advantage to maildirs compared to mbox spool files and nnml in Gnus.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.