encodings

From: Emabela
Subject: encodings
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:09:00 +0100

Hello Everybody,

I am a bit confused about the different encoding support

of GNU Emacs.

I have iso-8859-2 and utf-8 encoded text files.

If I open an existing file, then Emacs should try to open it with

utf-8 encoding, if it fails, then try to open it with iso-8859-2

encoding. If I am right,

(prefer-coding-system 'iso-8859-2)

(prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)

in this order, does the trick.

How can I specify the following:

If I open a new file, type in some texts, and

save it, then Emacs should try to save it with iso-8859-2 encoding,

if it fails (contains some non-iso-8859-2 characters),

then save it with utf-8(-unix) encoding.

Or if I open an existing iso-8859-2 text file and add some

extra (non-iso-8859-2) characters, then

Emacs save it with utf-8 encoding.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

B.

KARÁCSONYI NYEREMÉNYJÁTÉK A FŐNYEREMÉNNYEL!

Nyerj értékes ajándékokat mindössze egy regisztrációval.

Klikk ide:http://www.fonyeremeny.hu