Re: Kill ring and backward-kill-word

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Kill ring and backward-kill-word
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:00:08 +0100

Shug Boabby wrote:

> could someone please tell me how to turn off adding text to the kill
> ring when i am using M-x backward-kill-word? it is a very annoying
> "feature".

;; Here are two from simple.el adapted Funktions, which should work as desired.

(defun delete-word (arg)
  "Delete characters forward until encountering the end of a word.
With argument, do this that many times."
  (interactive "p")
  (delete-region (point) (progn (forward-word arg) (point))))

(defun backward-delete-word (arg)
  "Delete characters backward until encountering the end of a word.
With argument, do this that many times."
  (interactive "p")
  (delete-word (- arg)))

ar

PS.: If its your problem to yank former kills back, use M-y, also repeated