Re: NTEmacs, German, ispell

From: Sören Vogel
Subject: Re: NTEmacs, German, ispell
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:00:15 -0000

Hi All,

I've tried a lot and figured out that nothing works so good as to
download a new binary and link the spell checking to aspell with
options

(setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
(setq-default ispell-extra-args '("--lang=de"))

defined in my .emacs.

I've downloaded the new emacs-windows-fullbin.tar.gz (?) from
ftp.gnu.org using FileZilla and now everything works fine, meaning
German Umlaute are recognized to be usual latin-1 characters. I
guess some corrupt char tables were responsible for the bad
behaviour. This might have occured after transferring the
whole emacs-dir from one computer to another via ftp.

Currently I try to incorporate aspell into and the first trials
look good. In addition it is praised to be much better as ispell,
especially for German language.

Special thanks to Eli and Kai for their helping posts.

Sören (with a latin-1-OE) :-).