RE: Editing LaTeX with GNU Emacs: mode-line problems.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Editing LaTeX with GNU Emacs: mode-line problems.
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 15:52:23 -0800

    While I wait for a response from the TeX newsgroup..maybe someone here
    will be able to help.

    I'm using GNU Emacs 21.3 with auctex and imenu+.

    which-func-mode is turned on and correctly puts function names in the
    mode-line when I'm editing C or C++ files, but does not put the section
    name in there when I'm editing LaTeX files, though the section menu
    does pop-up when I right click in the buffer. Any ideas why I'm not
    seeing this stuff?

I can't help with the Auctex stuff.

Imenu+ is my library, but I suspect it is unrelated to what you're
experiencing. This mailing list is for standard Emacs stuff, not external
libraries, so if you do need help with imenu+.el, it's better to email me
directly or write something on the wiki:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ImenuMode.

It's good to try to eliminate extra unknowns when trying to track down a
problem. Try not loading imenu+.el, and see if you still have the problem.
In fact, try not loading any extra libraries - use emacs -q, then load only
auxtex and see if the problem is present. If not, then load imenu.el and try
again. If not, then load imenu+.el and try again.

A priori, imenu+.el should be unrelated to the problem - it has no Tex- or
LaTeX-specific code. But you never know - maybe it breaks something. Contact
me by email if you find there is a problem with imenu+.el or need help with
it.

HTH,

  Drew