Re: auto completion in version control

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: auto completion in version control
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:28:12 -0500

> Is it possible to enable auto completion when visiting a particular
> version of a file under version control?  So when I do `C-x v ~ [TAB]' I
> get an completion list as when visiting any other file?

This feature is currently missing in VC.  Which revision control system are
you using and what kind of completion do you expect (on N.M revision numbers
as used in RCS, SCC, and CVS, completion doesn't seem very useful.

Also with a remote CVS repository, the need to contact the repository may
make completion too slow to be useful.

If you're using CVS, you can try PCL-CVS where you can do:

   C-u b <revision-with-completion> RET o

to visit a file, just like C-x v ~ would in VC.

        Stefan