Re: auto completion in version control

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: Re: auto completion in version control
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:25:51 -0600

Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

[...]

> So you actually want completion on the N.M ????
> I never thought someone might want to do that.
> Could you explain why that'd be useful?

If you have to go to a log file to know which version you want, then it's
useless.  But usually I have this situation: I'm editing a file and need
to check what some section was like, say, 2 or 3 versions before the last
one.  No need to go to a log file.  Are there better ways to do that than
to have an autocompletion list?

Cheers,

--
Sebastian P. Luque