Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:50:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:15:44 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073@student.lu.se>
Cc: Emacs help <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>

The basic difference I can see that affects Emacs is the input
format to the printing interfaces.  On MS Windows the printing
interface wants input in the form of EMF to the printer drivers.

That is wrong, I think: EMF is just one of the possibilities.  You can
also send TEXT.
Yes, you are right of course. I left it out because I thought it was unimportant in the context of printing from Emacs. TEXT handles only plain text and only ASCII characters.

The current architechture for printing in Emacs looks like it is well suited for CUPS but not that well for EMF.

Does the above look correct to you, Peter?

It doesn't look correct to me.
What do you mean? Can you explain what you believe is wrong?