Re: Gnu Emacs +MikTex +Yap

From: Overbeck
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs +MikTex +Yap
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:36:36 -0800

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
85ek46dd77.fsf@lola.goethe.zz">news:85ek46dd77.fsf@lola.goethe.zz...
> "Overbeck" <overbeck@inreach.com> writes:
>> My question is:
>>
>> Has *anyone* successfully set up Yap in MikTex with GNU Emacs on
>> Windows XP?  If so, *how*?
>
> Most people don't bother with Emacs' built-in mode and use AUCTeX
> <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex> instead.  A precompiled
> developer Emacs for Windows including AUCTeX can be gotten from
>
> <URL:ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/auctex>

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded and installed the Emacs/AucTeX
package and, on running it, I see that it seems to be preconfigured for
LaTeX. I don't use LaTeX, rather I use plain TeX. Consequently, it won't
compile my plain TeX files as it's looking for LaTeX commands.

Is there a way to configure AucTeX to default to TeX rather than LaTeX and
put the TeX commands on the menu? If not, I'm still looking for the answer
to my question above.

Many thanks for the response,

Buz Overbeck