Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: How can I move my cursor 80 characters with a key binding?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:32:47 +0100

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:25:18 -0600
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com> wrote:

#> On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:08:54PM -0800, Scott Teresi (sent by Nabble.com)
wrote:
#> > I'm trying to figure out how to bind a key combination to a function
#> > which would move the cursor forward about 80 characters (or back 80
#> > characters). I sometimes type very long lines in emacs and would
#> > like to be able to navigate through the line quicker than one space
#> > at a time or one word at a time. Thanks for any advice anyone can
#> > provide!
#>
#> Is ``C-u 8 0 C-f'' too long for you?  You do it with a function if you
#> really wanted to..

``C-8 0 C-f'' is even faster for me -- I know it runs forward-char 80
times instead of just once, but for reasonable values of 80 I prefer
computer to work harder if it saves me the extra keystroke :)

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Most interesting information comes from children, for they tell
all they know and then stop.