Re: lazy-lock vs. jit-lock

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: lazy-lock vs. jit-lock
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:20:11 -0500

On 12/29/05, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> If those parts are displayed and yet they're not fontified it's a bug which
> you should report via M-x report-emacs-bug.

This is the case.  I'll do a bug report ... but this involves my own mode
and a not exactly mainstream language, so I wonder how far it will get me.
The fact that jit-lock interacts with Emacs C code is not encouraging,
I fear I will be asked to gdb Emacs which I won't.

> Lazy-lock has some known bugs (I remember some missing on-screen
> fontification using outline-minor-mode, for example), >is less efficient<

Can you expand on the last point?  What makes lazy-lock less efficient?

--
"Political systems do not deal easily
with long term threats,