Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?

From: ken
Subject: Re: Refreshing Firefox window from within Emacs?
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 06:30:35 -0500

This is a pretty nice idea.  I just did some looking around and found
that the following works from the CLI, except it opens the URL new tab

mozilla -a firefox -remote'openURL(http://www.foo.com/index.html)'

Here's some syntax:

mozilla -a firefox -remote 'openURL(%s,new-tab)'

I use Firefox v.1.0.7. and had to set Preferences/Advanced to open URLs
from remote application in "same tab/window".

Next thing is to run this from within emacs in a couple different ways.

hth,
ken