Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 01:00:02 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

Better for who?
In this context: Promote free software. Sorry if I was unclear.

To me the answer is not self evident. Providing this "things" could
in the long run make a pressure on GNU/Linux to provide them too.

What is good about pressure?  Pressure does not resolve itself
magically without somebody actually having to work on it.  If some
functionality is worth working on it, it will be so without artificial
pressure to mimic a proprietary system.
Excuse my bad wording/english. This is of course just a misunderstanding. Without someone explicitly or implicitly asking for a feature nothing will happen either.

Basically it is a matter of which window manager you use.  There are
some of them explicitly designed for mouse avoidance.
Thanks, but I want them all to help me with this. It is a matter of accessibility for many people.