Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:40:23 +0100

david.reitter@gmail.com wrote:

I know that certain "qualified signatures" (e.g. via X.509 cert, signed
by a "trusted party", i.e. Thawte/Verisign etc.) do have legally
binding status in some legislations at this point. I wonder if these
things can be be used to sign code including a contract that contains
the same stuff that we need to sign when contributing to GNU projects.
If we can get the "paper" out of "paperwork", things would suddenly
become much more manageable.
Maybe that is a good idea, but it is actually very easy to sign the papers for Emacs contributions.