diff from within emacs

From: Akhil Mittal
Subject: diff from within emacs
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:37:29 +0530

Hi

In emacs, I am trying to use the merge utility as follows:
M-x emerge-files
and thereafter entring the file names present in my default directory. But when emerge calls for "diff" utility it displays the following error:

Errors found in diff/diff3 output.
%DIFF-F-OPENIN, error opening HCL_NISN_DEV:\[RI.V190-0200.SRC.TEST]FIRST.C as input-RMS-F-SYN, file specification syntax error

The problem as seems to me is the path emerge is sending to the diff utility: it should be
HCL_NISN_DEV:[RI.V190-0200.SRC.TEST]FIRST.C

But it's sending:
HCL_NISN_DEV:\[RI.V190-0200.SRC.TEST]FIRST.C

Does anyone knows how to correct this issue?

Regards
Akhil

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information it contains, is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.