Re: Cannot paste from emacs to nedit

From: Paminu
Subject: Re: Cannot paste from emacs to nedit
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:34:09 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Paminu <sdef@asd.com>
>> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:35:28 +0100
>>
>> When I select text in emacs I cannot seem to paste it into nedit. Does
>> anyone know why?
>
> On what OS, with which version of Emacs, and what kind of text (what
> language) is that?
>
> You see, you need to supply some minimum details in order to get
> meaningful responses.  Some of us don't have crystal balls nearby.

I use Ubuntu 5.10, emacs 21.4.1.

I write the following text in a regulat text file (test.txt):

sdf sdf sd fsfsdfsdfsd fsdf

I select it with da mouse and middleclick with da mouse in nedit. Nothing
happens. Have also tried to select copy from the edit menu and then paste
from the edit menu in nedit. Nothing happens. Very strange.