Re: help with font locking

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: help with font locking
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:06:14 +0000

In gnu.emacs.help Mark P <usenet@fall2005remove.fastmailcaps.fm> wrote:
> I'm trying to edit my .emacs file so that in c++-mode a frequently used
> user-defined type "Coord" is highlighted like any built-in type (int,
> bool, etc.)  I searched around for a while but found only very limited
> information.  The best I could produce was the following:

[ .... ]

> Can anyone suggest a way to make the behavior for Coord match that for
> int.  Any links to detail documentation on how this works would also be
> appreciated.  (For example, why all the quotes and slashes in the .emacs
> code?)

In CC Mode 5.30, the new variable c++-font-lock-extra-types was
introduced to do exactly what you want.  Chances are, you've only got CC
Mode 5.28 (do M-x c-version).  In that case, download the latest version
(5.31.1) from <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/release.php>.  The variable
is documented on page "Font Locking Preliminaries" of the manual
distributed with the release.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter