Re: PostScript printing Latin-N (with N != 1)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: PostScript printing Latin-N (with N != 1)
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:35:31 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc>
>> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:55:15 +0100
>>
>> With the patch and setup suggested by Kenichi Handa I was able to
>> print Latin-9 but it was wrong for Latin-1.
>
> Emacs 21 and 22 doesn't support Latin-1 and Latin-9 in the same
> character set.

I meant two different buffers.  One containing _only_ Latin-1, the
other _only_ Latin-9 characters.

>> Printing the same file (with the Euro) encoded in UTF-8 fails with:
>> "bdf-read-font-info: BDF file etl24-unicode.bdf doesn't exist"
>
> Well, it's quite clear what it tells you, yes?

Sure, but I couldn't find this file neither in SuSE 9.2 or 10.0 nor on
a Debian GNU/Linux box.  Unless most of the major GNU/Linux
distributions include the required BDF fonts, using `bdf-font' is not
a feasible solution for end users.

>> Printing the Thai example text from HELLO produces a PS file, but gs
>> can't display the PS file (as in my previous mail):
>
> So gs also has problems, or so it seems.

Possible.  Or the created PS file is invalid.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)