Re: guide to emacs encoding?

From: Matthias Knelangen
Subject: Re: guide to emacs encoding?
Date: 14 Jan 2006 23:30:18 -0800

Hi again,
well I have solved the problem for my actual file (was latin-9 encoding
and I removed the ^Ms manually), but still this is trial-and-error,
because I don't know exactly what system the file was encoded with. So
how can I find out the encoding of a file? And is there a nice little
guide that explains the use of the different set-...-coding options?
I do write texts in german, french and english, yes I'm german but
living in France and my locale is  en_US.UTF-8.

regards
Matthias Knelangen
matthias at knelangen dot de