Re: Background color in emacs

From: Chris McMahan
Subject: Re: Background color in emacs
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:28:49 -0500

This is taken from
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ColorThemeQuestions
linked in from http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?ColorTheme

------------------------------
Problems with GnuEmacs 21.4.1

Everything works fine, if I start with load-library color-theme in
the input line. If I try to load from .emacs file I get an error:

Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil

[…]

setq: Symbol's function definition is void: color-theme-filter

Same for me!!! Sob… Emilio Luque

The answer is simple, I made a change in the code (pretty small
change btw) to make color-theme working with emacs-devel. To switch
back this change, just change all occurences of easy-add-menu to
have "tools" instead of "Tools". That should do the trick. I have
opened a bug report on Gna!
(https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5059).
------------------------------

- Chris

Stefan Bienert <stefanbienert@web.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> now I've downloaded color-theme 6.5.5 and put the following into my .emacs:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp")
>     (require 'color-theme)
>
> Now I get the following error on startup:
>
> An error has occurred while loading `/home/sbienert/.emacs':
>
> Wrong type argument: keymapp, nil
>
> To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause
> of the error in your initialization file and remove it.  Start
> Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error
> backtrace
> setq: Symbol's function definition is void: color-theme-filter
>
> What now? Is color-theme really worth fighting?
>
> greetings,
>
> Stefan
>

>> Another way to it is to use color-theme and color-theme-dark-laptop.
>>
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?ColorTheme
>>
>> (require 'color-theme nil t)
>> (color-theme-dark-laptop)
>>
>> --