Re: Undo: restore the region?

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: Undo: restore the region?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:51:56 +0000

In Transient Mark mode when the mark is active, only undo changes within the current region. Similarly, when not in Transient Mark mode, just C-u
as an argument limits undo to changes within the current region.

Yes, that makes sense.
I was briefly considering hacking this to produce an Undo function which ignores any region setting even in transient mark mode. The secondary selection could, in that case, serve to mark a region to apply Undo to.

But all of this only makes sense if I can get Undo to always restore the region.

- D