mail rmail gnus on w32

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: mail rmail gnus on w32
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:00:16 GMT

I have added the following (suitably modified) to my .emacs:

;; mail
(setq user-full-name "Your full name")
(setq user-mail-address "Your email address")

(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "Domain name of machine with SMTP
server")
(setq smtpmail-local-domain nil)
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(load-library "smtpmail")

;; rmail

(setenv "MAILHOST" "Domain name of machine with POP3 server")
(setq rmail-primary-inbox-list
    '("po:Your login") rmail-pop-password-required t)

;; no gnus yet

All I have in "po:Your... etc" is my email address (same as log-in name).
Where does the password go and can it be saved and entered automatically
by emacs? Now when I type C-x m the minibuffer just shows "Sending mail..
but then times out without sending it.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ed