RE: How to move minibuffer to top?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to move minibuffer to top?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:42:17 -0800

    Is there any way to move minibuffer to the top of frame?
    I have googled and found nothing interesting.

If you don't care to have a minibuffer in each frame, you can use a separate
minibuffer frame (it acts as the minibuffer for all frames). You can
position this standalone minibuffer frame wherever you want. (I have it at
the bottom of my display, extended it for the full display width.)

As an example, see http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/oneonone.el
(description is here: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OneOnOneEmacs).
See, for instance, option `1on1-minibuffer-frame-top/bottom':

  Position of top (or bottom) of minibuffer frame, in pixels.
  If nil, function `1on1-set-minibuffer-frame-top/bottom' will position
  minibuffer at bottom of display.

  An integer.  If negative, then the position is that of the frame
  bottom relative to the screen bottom.

Otherwise, without a standalone minibuffer frame, I don't believe there is a
way to place the minibuffer at the top of each frame.