Re: code folding

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: code folding
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:06:25 +0000

Michael Powe wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for folding.el or its current equivalent to do
code/comment folding.  I can get by with just comment folding because
hide-show doesn't work for comments.  It would be nice to have
everything rolled up into a single package, though.

All of the google references for folding.el are to either discussions
only or to expired pages and I can't find a download location.  I
can't find any indication that it has been superceded by a new,
improved item, either.

Thanks.

mp

Michael,

hs-minor-mode (hide-show) can fold comments in C, C++ and elisp, and
probably other languages. You didn't state which language you are using,
perhaps the parser isn't set up correctly for you language.

However, I use XEmacs rather than GNU Emacs, which might make a difference.

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.