Re: code folding

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: code folding
Date: 30 Jan 2006 18:33:38 +1100

Michael Powe <michael+gnus@trollope.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for folding.el or its current equivalent to do
> code/comment folding.  I can get by with just comment folding because
> hide-show doesn't work for comments.  It would be nice to have
> everything rolled up into a single package, though.
>
> All of the google references for folding.el are to either discussions
> only or to expired pages and I can't find a download location.  I
> can't find any indication that it has been superceded by a new,
> improved item, either.
>
> Thanks.

Try http://www.emacswiki.org - it had a few items on a couple of
different folding modes.

Just FYI - the newer folding modes take advantage of emacs overlays
and have the potential of being better, but the last time I looked,
the mode was still pretty much beta. The older folding mode was quite
good, but then it was 'enhanced' and I found it wasn't as stable. Last
time I looked, the wiki pages had information about both newer and
older folding modes.

HTH

Tim

--