M-x shell: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable s)

From: odoncaoa
Subject: M-x shell: Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable s)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:37:19 GMT

Greetings,

I'm running GNU Emacs v21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt.5.1.2600) on Windoze XPro. I'm
trying to track down a problem that I'm having while trying to configure it to
use Cygwin Bash, and UWin Ksh. The *nix environments have been successfully
installed and configured, and function correctly on XP. I've got a bunch of
code to facilitate the execution of these shells within emacs, however after
emacs successfully executes all of this configuration code, I get the following
error after attempting to instanciate either shell (M-x shell):

        Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable s)
          execute-extended-command(nil)
        * call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

I'm aware of defshell I'm wondering if anyone might have experienced a similar
failure, and what their fix was. The following is the output of the result of
the execution of my emacs initialization code.

        Loaded ctypes
        Loaded font-lock

        ---> File being loaded ~/.emacs
        --> ~/.emacs done
        --> Processing UWIN

        --> uwin-dir        = /usr/bin;
        --> Processing UWIN: got to here 1
        --> SHELL = ksh
        --> UWIN done
        --> .emacs: shell2use = 'ksh'
        Loaded generic-mode
        Loaded vc
        Loaded avltree
        Loaded wiki
        Loaded tidy
        Loaded Ruby
        Loaded dircolors
        Located ange-ftp
        Loaded cl
        Loaded gnuserv
        --> Starting GNUServ
        --> GNUServ running
        Loaded time-stamp

        --> ~/.emacs DONE
        For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
        call-interactively:
        Entering debugger...
         [2 times]
        Mark set [3 times]
        call-interactively: Beginning of buffer [2 times]

Cheers,

odoncaoa

------=  Binary Usenet downloading made easy =---------
-=  Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/  =-