Re: indentation, setting variables, commands, and M-x

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: indentation, setting variables, commands, and M-x
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 00:12:53 +0100

Am 03.02.2006 um 20:21 schrieb john_sips_tea@yahoo.com:

(setq-default font-lock-mode 1)

Does that look right?

The transient-mark-mode works, but the font-lock-mode
doesn't seem to work...

You need to do a bit more. font-lock-mode is a bit shy (conservative). I have in my .emacs:

        (cond ((fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)
           ;; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it
           (setq global-font-lock-mode t)
        ;   (setq font-lock-multiline 'undecided')
           (setq jit-lock-stealth-verbose t)
           (setq jit-lock-mode t)
        ;   (setq jit-lock-stealth-load 80)
           ;; Maximum colors