http-get and GDS (Google Desktop Search)

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: http-get and GDS (Google Desktop Search)
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 08:13:45 +0100

I am trying to see if I can make a simple Emacs-interface to leverage
the search functionality of Google Desktop Search. This is what I have
right now:

(require 'http-get)

(defvar gds-url nil
  "GDS URL")

(setq gds-url "http://127.0.0.1:4664/search&s=long_secure_token_or_whatever?q=";)

(defun gds-test ()
  (http-get
   (concat gds-url "emacs")))

When I evaluate (gds-test) I get nothing in return.

If I paste the same URL in the shell and use wget, it can fetch the
data, so the URL syntaxt is correct.

NOTE: The `long_secure_token_or_whatever' above is something else on
my system, but I get the feeling that I should not post that publicly.