Re: Use dvipdfm instead of pdflatex?

From: Paminu
Subject: Re: Use dvipdfm instead of pdflatex?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 07:58:07 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> When I woul like to generate a pdf file from my .tex file I use the build
>> in converter "pdflatex". But the pdf file that is generated will not
>> contain any of the pictures that I might have included in my .tex file (I
>> have these pictures in .esp and .pdf format).
>
> pdflatex can definitely include images (in "epdf" form).
>

>         Stefan

well not on my Ubuntu system. I include the picture like this:

\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=10cm]{dia}
\end{center}

where dia is dia.pdf and dia.eps in the same dir as my .tex file. When I
choose to genereate a PDF file from emacs:
Command -> Texing Options -> PDF mode

the image is gone in the PDF file that is generated.

If I instead use dvipdfm it works fine, so it could be very nice to make
emacs use dvipdfm instead of pdflatex.