Re: Auto-indentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Auto-indentation
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:34:35 -0500

> I no searched 2 hours for auto-indentation in emacs.  I couldn't find
> anything.  Could someone please tell me how it works?

I suspect you're victim of a misunderstanding.
Emacs's auto-indentation is just always present.  You don't have to look
for it.  The way it works: you hit TAB and it automatically finds the right
spot to indent the current line.

If you want all the code to be automatically indented all the time without
you hitting any special key, it's something else and Emacs doesn't do that
in general.

        Stefan