Re: bbdb-autoloads

From: François Gannaz
Subject: Re: bbdb-autoloads
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:03:52 +0100

Le lun 13 fév 12:35, Raimund Kohl-Fuechsle a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I got the following error message some time now after upgrading:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file"
> "bbdb-autoloads")
>   require(bbdb-autoloads)
>   bbdb-initialize(mh-e)
>   byte-code("?????????\"???!????\"??&?'??
> ?\"?(?.
>
> I cannot find the file bbdb-autoloads, even though I  purged emacs and
> bbdb and installed it again.  During install there IS a message that
> says something like "writing bbdb-autoloads".  Any hints on solving
> this error?

Which version of Emacs is it ? Is there only one installed on your
system ?
Have a look at your *Messages* buffer to see which file is loaded with a
name containing "bbdb".
Did you try running Emacs with "emacs -q" ?

In my own eudcb-bbdb.el of Emacs 22.0.50, there is no such
bbdb-autoloads.

--
François