Re: Need help on init error

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Need help on init error
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:54:39 -0700

Leo Liou wrote:
> Thanks for the message, but I have put xscope.el in the site-lisp, so I
> figure I do not have to update load-path.

That is true, assuming you put it in the right site-lisp directory and
nothing has removed that directory from your load-path.  Does `M-x
locate-library RET xscope RET' confirm that it is found in your
load-path?  If not, what does `C-h v load-path' tell you?

> Since all my other local .el loaded fine, I have to presume the issue is
> with xscope.el particularly.
> I assumed there is some unprintable character got in the way, but I
> could not find any (I used od to check).
> That is why I am at a loss at why I cannot load xscope.el.
> I would appreciate if you can think of anything else that I should check.

No, the error is not that the contents of xscope.el cannot be loaded,
it's that xscope.el itself cannot be opened.  What are its ownership and
permissions?

--
Kevin