Default window split

From: Kenneth Brun
Subject: Default window split
Date: 14 Feb 2006 06:28:37 -0800

Hi,

First, to your info: I'm a total Emacs newbie!

Why does emacs splits the window, whenever I open a (text) file?

The top buffer contains the actual file and the buttom buffer contains
the following:
"Warning: memory in use exceeds lisp pointer size
Killing some buffers may delay running out of memory.
However, certainly by the time you receive the 95% warning,
you should clean up, kill this Emacs, and start a new one."

Is it possible to get rid of this?

Thanks.

/Kenneth