Re: Importing tab-delimited text files or connecting to ODBC

From: Eric Pement
Subject: Re: Importing tab-delimited text files or connecting to ODBC
Date: 17 Feb 2006 08:35:41 -0800

Maks Romih wrote:

> [...] I want to have some tool to connect to or import from other data
> sources, especially relational DBMS-es, excel, MS Access, etc.

I think the difficulty with your search being fulfilled is that you are
hoping to have Emacs, which is GNU-founded "free software", find a way
to import data structures created by proprietary, non-free software. I
suggest that there could be a philosophical hesitation for some people
in getting free software to support commercial, non-free software. I
think we're lucky to get GNU Emacs available for WinNT!

--
Eric Pement