Re: How to prompt for string?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to prompt for string?
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:18:26 -0700

jacksneckhurts@yahoo.com wrote:
You are a genius! Now I can conquor the world.

Calm down, friend.

I've been beating my head against my computer trying to find that
function. Thanks!

In the Emacs Lisp manual, `i prompt' takes you directly to the Using
Interactive node, which you should read.  That node has this example:

          (interactive
           (list (region-beginning) (region-end)
                 (read-string "Foo: " nil 'my-history)))

The Using Interactive node ought to have a link to the Minibuffers
node, which I'll report as a bug.  In the meantime, read that section
as well -- I think you'll be impressed.

--
Kevin Rodgers