Re: Gnus closing IMAP connection

From: vedm
Subject: Re: Gnus closing IMAP connection
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:03:57 -0500

"maksr" <maksr@snt.si> writes:

> May be your IMAP requires secure protocol and your emacs version is too
> old. I had some similar problems with 20.7, which I solved upgrading to
> 21.4.

My Emacs version is 21.4.1 and my IMAP server is dovecot. I do not think
that the secure protocol is a problem: I can connect to IMAP but when it
disconnects me for inactivity Gnus makes the server "denied". Then when
Gnus goes again through the list of servers, if the server is "denied" it
just ignores it and does not try to reopen it.

So the problem is that Gnus makes the server "denied" when the IMAP
server disconnect because of inactivity.

--
vedm