Re: start emacs in mail mode?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: start emacs in mail mode?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:23:41 -0700

wdn wrote:
I would like to open emacs in mail-mode on a preformated mail message, ready
to edit as necessary and then send.  (This is from a perl script that
gathers the necessary data for the email and composes a draft of the email
to potential authors of a journal I edit.)

My only idea was to try "emacs -f mail-mode tempmail"
It does not do it. It opens the file tempmail in one buffer and starts
mail-mode in a separate background buffer.  So I still have to do "M-x
mail-mode" and then respond to a prompt whether I really want to send the
current buffer when I try to send the email.

Action arguments and options are processed in order, so:
emacs tempmail -f mail-mode

--
Kevin Rodgers