setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:39:42 -0500

Hello,

When working on files under cvs revision I make some commits inside
Emacs and the update the Changelog with C-x v a
The problem is my user name and email address are wrong:

2006-02-25  author  <author@morcheeba>

(morcheeba being the hostname) I would rather see:

2006-02-25  Angelina Carlton  <brat@mgma.ca>

I was told in irc to try this in my .emacs:

,----
| (setq change-log-default-name "ChangeLog"
|       user-full-name "Angelina Carlton"
|       user-mail-address "brat@magma.ca")
`----

But after restarting Emacs, commiting something and then doing C-x v a I
get the same string:

2006-02-25  author  <author@morcheeba>

I can't find this in my customize menu's, does someone know the correct
way?

GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----