Local variable TeX-master causing warning/complaint

From: Robert Sloan
Subject: Local variable TeX-master causing warning/complaint
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 08:46:06 -0600

Recent CVS nightlies are causing me to get a warning/complaint every time I open a LaTeX .tex file that sets the TeX-master local variable.

I.e., files that end with something like:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "wrapper"
%%% End:

The message begins:
The local variables list in algorithms.tex [which is the name of the file]
contains values that may not be safe (*).

Do you want to apply it?  etc. etc.

mode : latex
* TeX-master : wrapper

Does anybody know what I can do to stop getting this warning. To me it feels like a bug rather than a feature, so I'd like to turn it off (and/or have gnu emacs and/or auctex updated to turn it off).

I am using the Aquamacs release of gnu emacs on Mac OS X; in particular I download the nightly builds.

Robert H. Sloan                    http://www.cs.uic.edu/~sloan/
Director of Graduate Studies    (312) 996-2369
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Illinois at Chicago