Re: basic question: reusing frame when opening Emacs file

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: basic question: reusing frame when opening Emacs file
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:50:21 GMT

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:49:59 +0100, Peter Tury wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Emacs opens the files always in a new frame. How to avoid this? I mean: I
> would like to have just one frame unless I directly create a new one via
> e.g. File > New frame. But now, if I press Enter on a file what is
> associated with Emacs, a new frame is created for that file.
>
> I use EmacsW32 (P060106) on MS Windows XP.
>
> gnuserv-reuseframe is gnuserv-find-files-frame

Finally I identified the problem: gnuserv-reuseframe works in another way
as I expected. Now I modified it for myself: I changed its last line from
use-frame))
 (if (eq use-frame nil) (selected-frame)
      use-frame)))

Now it seems to work as I wanted. Maybe this kind of operation could be
added as a new alternative besides the existing ones?

Br,